Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A few words about equipment, easy guides and useful items

When I bought my backpack, I emphasized that it should pass as carry-on luggage, for two reasons:

1) No waiting for luggage at airports or losing it during flights
2) Would force me to pack light

I have succeded:


Also, my money belt contains all my valuables (+ 50 % of my cash in a zipped pocket in my pants). I never let go of it: I even have it in my sleeping bag at night.


I have also laminated copies of my passport, driver's license and citizenship, as well as the complete profile of the Camino Frances, including distances, heights, details on sleeping options, etc. This comes in addition to the Camino Frances guidebook from the Confraternity of Saint James.



You can make your own and personalized walking plan here: The Godesalco website.

2 more nights, and I am on my way to Barcelona, then Pamplona and Saint Jean Pied de Port in south of France, starting my walk by crossing the Pyrenees into Spain. I shall not miss this: Snowing and stormy outside now, up in Arctic Norway, just as I write this:



1 comment:

  1. Great photo Alex of the spring snow in Artic Norway!

    Bon voyage and Buen Camino!

    MM

    ReplyDelete